Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A softer side.......


I was thinking today that my first blogs came off as harsh and one sided. That is the farthest from my intentions. True, I see a GREAT need for revival in our land. True that there is only one way to achieve that and it is fully looking into God's perfect word and aligning ourselves to it instead of the way we do church now.
I was reading at lunch today and was directed to the first Psalm. Here is what I read;




Psalm 1:1-3


Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;


But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.


He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.




When you walk in this life by the way of our Great Lord, There really are great blessings! When I have come to the place of looking no further than the counsel of the Lord Jesus and His word, I am not walking in ungodly confusion. I am not standing in the same place  as lost people do. I am not sitting in a place of hurt or anger, depression or anxiety. When Jesus said He would set a man free, he would be totally free (John 8:36)!! What does that mean? I am free NOT to sin. When I quit trying to align myself to other religious people and measure myself to His word, I am FREE!! I am free to be happy. I am free to have joy. I am free from stress. I am free from guilt. I am free from anger. I am free to love my fellow man. I am free to care for them.



Think about the tree planted by the rivers of water for a second. It's roots NEVER are without life giving water! It is always fresh. It always brings forth shade and fruit when it is supposed to. The animals around it can have shade and shelter when needed because it is strong. That is the substance of a life devoted to Jesus Christ. The prosperity spoken of here is not concerning money. We always want to equate prosperity with money. But, what He wants for us is to prosper in His peace. His love. His joy. Isn't that better to have than worldly riches? You have to fight to hold on to those things.


Listen to what Jesus said, "  I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10) The fruit of having Him dwell inside you is "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22&23) This is what I have found when I got down on my face before God and applied His word to my life. This a great way to live in this world. The rewards after will be even more amazing.


I have decided to share my walk to this revival that is still taking place in my heart with anyone who would read. I will share all my thoughts just as I did when I presented it to my church this past summer. I hope seeking more of God in your life will have the same rewards it has given me. God bless everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment